Study in Dongbei University of Finance and Economics About Dongbei University of Finance and Economics & Study in
About Dongbei University of Finance and Economics
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics was founded in 1952, making it one of the oldest modern universities in Dalian. DUFE is one of China’s top-ranked finance, banking and economics universities, and is consistentlyplaced in the top three nationally for producing China’s most employable graduates. With over 20,000 students, you will have the opportunity to live and learn on the university campus, where you will benefit from a range of cultural and social activities organized by our team of Chinese student mentors.
The international business management is programmes are delivered by the faculty named The Global Institute of Management and Economics (GIME). GIME offers students the opportunity to study at one of China’s top-rankeduniversities. A research-focused academic, with a diverse student community of more than 1,000 students, GIME boasts a faculty of more than 60 teaching staff with not only a wide range of international experience but many of which graduated from Cambridge University, Birkbeck University of London, London School of Economics and Political Science, University of California (Berkeley), Pennsylvania State University, Washington State University and the University of Sydney.. With ambitious plans to become a world-leading centre for business management and economic research, GIME provides the perfect foundation for your future career.
WHY STUDY AT DONGBEI UNIVERSITY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMICS
· Top 5 in China for Finance Economics and Business
· One of China’s highest graduate employment rate
· International faculty
· State of the art, modern teaching facilities giving students the best learning environment
· Multi-national classes enhance your study experience
· Degree programmes taught in English, with the opportunity to develop Chinese language skills as part of your course.
ENGLISH MEDIUM PROGRAMMES
The University offers fully qualified and experienced teachers who teach the Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees entirely in English. All of the coursework material is provided in English, as are the assignments and exams.
Modules in Chinese language are a compulsory part of students’ degree and provide them with a unique opportunity to develop new skills. Students do not need prior Chinese language knowledge as you can study from beginner’s level Chinese
University Library services
DUFE has two libraries, with a library on both the North and South campus, providing a comprehensive range of learning materials in both English and Chinese. As part of your orientation programme, you will be shown how to use the libraries and locate key resources.
· More than 1.25 million books and 220,00 e-books
· Subscriptions to over 1,500 journals and access to thousands of e-journals
· Special collections and reference books
· Chinese and international newspapers, which can also be accessed via the two touch-screen electronic newspaper reading machines
· Open Access IT Suites with high-speed Internet access, making it easy to get online
· Video room equipped with high standard audio-visual materials
· Quiet spaces for private study, as well as areas for studying in a group
You will have access to free IT training and IT technical support and more than 160 computers, open 13 hours every weekday, and on Sundays in the cybercafé.
· More than 160 public computers on campus, with high-quality connections
· High-speed wireless Internet access is available across campus
· The IT support team can assist with technical issues
· The Internet cafe supplies headsets upon request
At DUFE you will be able to take advantage of the outdoor stadium and newly renovated facilities. Students can access a gym close to the campus, with monthly membership fees around RMB 180. On-campus facilities include:
· Soccer pitch
· Running track
· Newly-renovated dance studios
· Indoor and outdoor basketball courts
· Outdoor volleyball courts
· Indoor badminton courts and ping pong tables
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics is located in the north-east of China in a city called Dalian. Dalian is only a 50 minute flight from Beijing and 2 hour flight from Shanghai. A centre for trade and finance, Dalian is one of China’s most prosperous cities, attracting top international companies such as Microsoft, Nokia, IBM, Intel and Accenture, as well as major banking , insurance and security companies. Dalian is also a popular tourist destination, with a mild climate, beautiful beaches and stunning coastal scenery. The city offers a pleasant study environment but with a surprisingly different atmosphere from China’s neighboring capital city. With a thriving student community, plenty of entertainment and great transport across China, Dalian is a great place to live and study as an international student.